Reverend Sam Trumbore announce retirement

Rev. Sam Trumbore has announced his retirement from First Unitarian Universalist Society of Albany as of July 1. He shared the letter announcing his retirement on Facebook.
 
Among the factors that impacted his decision were health issues of family members and projects he would like to undertake but which he could do not pursue while in full-time ministry.
 
Factors that did not impact his decision were health and other job opportunities.
 
He wrote, in part:
 
If I could sum all this up, I’d say this: My first act was being a computer test engineer in Silicon Valley. My second act has been my call to ministry. I sense there is yet a third act for my life. Time is short and the freedom to make that move is within reach.
 
I also realize there is never a perfect time to end a ministry, especially when things are going well. Yet my sense is this is just the right time for me to step aside to make room for a new, younger minister to come and bring in the next generation of Albany UU members.

He closed by writing:
 
What I sense we’ve learned more than anything else is how we can work together and love each other. It doesn’t mean we have not had conflicts or disagreements. What we’ve learned is how to stay in relationship as we grow and develop together.
 
I’m ever so grateful to have had the opportunity to serve here in Albany and hope that my legacy will be the ways we’ve learned to grow together as we expanded our capacity to love each other.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Protecting places of worship

And so it begins

Controlling our destiny?